Donnerstag, 15. November 2012

Budgeting 101

So I found out recently, that due to change in administration by contract will not be fully extended. I will keep half of my hours, but loose the other half, this means that I also loose half of my money. Of course I am searching for a job to make up this money-but in the case that I am not immediately successful I have to keep a close eye on my money.
I have noticed recently, that I do not pay much attention to how my cash is allocated. It does not make a difference wether it is actually cash, or money from my card. I have a ballpark idea how much I have left but I do not always now how much I have spend and what I am spending it on. And as anyone who has read anything about budgeting and keeping track of your money knows-step 1 is to write down every little penny you spend. So instead of using budgeting apps on my ipad, as I originally planned a year ago-I will start with exactly that as of now I will write down every cent and where it is going. This way I will hopefully be able to look at what I have spend, and why I have spend it and where I need to improve my expenditures. If I am successful with just this one simple mission-keep track of the money I can follow that up by allocating money to specific needs. But as with everything start small. If you start too big, it is easier to feel overwhelmed and give up and now more than ever that should not be an option.
Wish me luck :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen