Samstag, 2. März 2013

Eat Real Food

So a week is up, and I've done moderately well. hehe. I did eat my fruits, and didn't let any of them go bad-so that's awesome. And I cooked a couple of times during the week which is also always awesome :)
What exercise is concerned I did not do so good. I did do my physical therapy a couple times in the week, but not every day as I should so that will have to be my goal this week-to really do it every day. Perhaps I should set a time, such as doing it every morning after I get up. Actually that sounds pretty smart. I shall wake up, do my physical therapy exercise and then I shall follow that by doing some yoga every other day. The reason I think I should do yoga is because I have really bad posture, and my physical therapist told me that the reason why my shoulder hurts so much is because I have learned to set it in a wrong way, in order to stop the initial pain. Except this new way of holding my shoulder makes it even more painful, ouchy. So the initial injury is long gone, I've just been nursing a new one ever since-Amazing right? So this week, physical therapy exercise followed by yoga!

Another thing I wanted to talk about is food. There are so many diets, rules and regulations on how to best lose weight blah blah blah. But as I said in my first post, this is not about losing weight, this is about being healthy-and I think though calories in, calories out is important what is much more important is eating real food. What do I mean by real food-if it grows on this earth and you can see the shape it came in before you consume it that's good. Fresh or frozen vegetables, fresh meat, and eggs-even yoghurt is okay. But say nay to the processed food. As a university student, living on my own I am the queen of processed food-but that is not healthy and not really what I want to put into my body. So for this week I want to cook at least 3 fresh meals during the week. This can either be set aside for dinner, or for lunch or even both :)! In order to be able to cook meals, and know what will be on the table planning is necessary. Never go to the grocery store without a shopping list (however I tried that and lost mine on the way-bummer right?). I went to the grocery store earlier and got what I needed to make chicken curry tonight, my girlfriends are coming over and we're making it a girls night!! It's always lots of fun to do that and to get together! Then because I could not remember what else was on my list, I decided I really want to make chicken noodle soup. My friends have all been getting sick left and right, and though I've been able to avoid it for the most part, my sinuses are constantly sniffly and threatening me with a cold-and there is nothing to beat a cold like chicken noodle soup. So that is already two meals. For everything else I will have to go shopping again, but on the bright side I will be able to go shopping for cheaper-as I will not need something specific from the expensive supermarket. Okay that is my post for this week, I hope you are enjoying my updates :)

1 Kommentar: